The best quality/price ratio
1- Our obligation: to honor the tradition
To develop the product, we care about it, respect and perpetuate ancestral methods.
- Careful manual or mechanical harvesting with sorting, systematic cellaring at the best of the maturity.
- Long macerations of the skin in total immersion for optimal extraction.
- Late blends to refine the varietal selections (Merlot, Malbec, Cabernet).
- Aging in oak barrels to increase aromatic complexity and refine the tannins in order to reach a harmonious and elegant result on the palate.
2- A quarry in the town of Lignan de Bordeaux
We are fortunate enough to have a stone quarry that has been used to build houses in the Bordeaux region.
- 800m of galleries / 15m underground.
- 13 ° in summer as in winter with a 100% humidity
As a result, without evaporation, the wine does not dry out and the oxidation of the tannins can take place.
The ageing in barrels aims at refining our wines. We preserve the taste of our grapes without the oak tannins taking over.
3- Our ambition: to share our passion
From planting to tasting, we want to be worthy of our land and proud of our work.
- Our 45-year-old vines are planted low with high density of 5000 vines / ha to respect the soil balance and vine supply (1 vine plant produces 1 liter).
- Pruning is severe to limit yields and ensure a concentration of production.
- We are committed to sustainable development and environmental defense, thus we limit:
- Weeding by tillage and controlled weed.
- Phytosanitary treatments by monitoring sustainable crops and bilateral leaf removal.
- Fertilizer inputs through renewed soil analysis.
- We want to be creative and dynamic:
- By practicing winemaking tests (botrytised harvest, etc.).
- By renewing our packaging (style and readability of labels and cartons).
- By modernizing our Domain (packaging line, stainless steel vats).